Quiet around here.
You may or may not have noticed a dearth of post of late. There are a couple of reasons for the lack of activity.
First off, it’s summer and a few weeks back I decided I spend entirely too much time on the computer when I’m not working. It’s wasted time too! Time spent aimlessly wandering around the web not accomplishing much. So, one of my goals is to cut back on the actual amount of time I am on the computer and not getting paid for it.
Second, one of the big reasons I am drawn to the computer repeatedly throughout the day is to check the various email accounts I have. Well after resisting as long as I was able, I finally broke down and upgraded my phone. The nice thing is I got this:
and it means I don’t have to go on the computer to check or respond to email anymore! It works out to being a great solution to not being online!
Third, all of a sudden I am literally deluged with work. It’s like the damn opened. It will be quiet for a bit of time and then all of a sudden I’m having several clients call me at once! Of course, when I am slow, I have absolutely no shame sending emails around fishing for work but, it seems like the fish are biting - if only for this week and next.
I had gotten to thinking about it the other day and I realized being a freelancer is like being a waterfront whore. When the fleet is out you are desperate and can barely find two nickels to rub together but, then when the fleet is in you can’t say no to whomever wants to f**k you because the memory of lean times are still very fresh. Feast or famine, after all these years I have yet to figure it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment